Saturday, June 14, 2008

Best Tau Tay Gulai Tumis in Town

In my opinion, the best Tau Tay Gulai Tumis is to be found at Penang's Sin Kheang Aun Restaurant located at ???. Hmmh . . . Can you believe it? I've been there so many times but I don't recall ever seeing the name of the road. Anyway, it's one of the side-roads off Chulia Street, the one after Love Lane if you are heading towards Weld Quay.

We went there last Tuesday and had a very satisfying dinner of rice swimming in mouth-watering, lip-smacking curry served with super fresh
pieces of white pomfret meat.

This is the Tau Tay Gulai Tumis. Tastes much better than it looks here.
Blame it my lousy camera phone.


We also had Bangkwang Char wrapped with fresh, crunchy Oh Wah Chai. That's lettuce for those uninitiated in Penang hokkien.

Bangkwang Char with Lettuce

Greedy me, I'm looking forward to Asam Koh Hae (Asam Flavoured Prawns) for our next visit.

No comments: