Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Fortune in My Mouth

On Thursday I was having lunch when the filling for one of my molars came off. My first thought was to throw it away but then I hesitated. Could it be one of the inlays I've put in? Anyway, I decided to take it with me to the dentist.

When I showed the little piece of metal to the dentist she confirmed that it was indeed a palladium inlay which was put in more than 10 years ago. At that time it cost RM250.00 and now it has appreciated in value to RM700.00!

Thank God! I listened to the prompting of my heart and did not throw away the filling. I would have thrown away RM700.00 and would have had to spend another RM700.00 plus lab charges, consultation etc just to have another inlay fitted in.

Realisation also dawned on me that I've a fortune in my mouth that's appreciating in value day by day!

No comments: