Friday, May 27, 2011

Move of the Spirit

Last Sunday was simply awesome.

Pastor Gideon led us to wait upon the Lord during worship and encouraged the congregation to move in the Spirit. When I was lost in worship, the following scriptures kept coming to me:

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest."

1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

Never having demonstrated any prophetic gifting before, I dared not bring forth the word. What if it's me and not the Lord? Fortunately I was taking the offering, so I simply incorporated the verses into my prayer.

Then Pastor Gideon started to preach. To my dismay, I found out (too late) that the two verses were in absolute alignment with his message that morning. When I told hubby, he confirmed that he also received those two verses.

What an opportunity to bless the congregation, glorify the Lord and encourage my pastor! And I missed it.

I repented and promised the Lord that henceforth I shall take the step of faith to speak whenever I receive the word of the Lord. No holding back. Easier said than done.

Lord, hlep me and grant me the boldness to obey you in all things big and small!

No comments: