Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Royal Wedding Fever

Don't know about you but I succumbed to the Royal Wedding fever on Friday afternoon and it lasted over the weekend.

I have always been a royalist. My fascination with the royal family started from my primary school days and I remember reading an old, dusty commemorative issue of the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II which I found amongst my aunt's old books.

Part of the massive crowd who turned up to celebrate the wedding

If I live in London, would I be crazy enough to join the crowds on Friday?
Maybe not. I hate the jostling and crush of the crowd.

Here are my favourite pictures of the wedding.

Kate's simple and elegant wedding gown is a classic
but it was the bridesmaid's
gorgeous, figure hugging gown
that
stole the limelight.

English field Maple trees transform Westminster Abbey into
a fairytale/enchanted forest


The newly weds riding the carriage back to Buckingham Palace
after the wedding


My favourite of all the official wedding photos

No royal wedding is complete without the kiss!

May the wheely happy couple live happily ever after

No comments: