Sunday, February 5, 2012

Beautiful In His Time

Today is a beautiful day. Something happened this morning that put me on cloud nine.

We were having our breakfast at our usual "Sunday" coffee-shop when the boss lady came over with our drinks and whispered in my ear, "You are very beautiful." I was surprised but managed to say, "Thank you."

Then she came around again and asked, "Have you ever won any beauty contest?" I was flabbergasted. I said, "No," and in my heart I thank God for all that He has done for me.

Never, ever in my wildest, craziest dream would I have imagined someone having this conversation with me. Me, whom my relatives labelled as kiapsi, which in Hokkien meaning ugly, hideous or grotesque.

Thank you Lord for making me beautiful in Your time.

This was how I looked today in my red kebaya.

No comments: