Saturday, July 28, 2012

Dinner at Cheers

I decided to start on a new adventure. A foodie adventure where we will try a new eating place every month.

We started off our adventure at Cheers Western Food along Jalan Tanjong Tokong. It's a good choice because hubby can watch the life coverage of the Olympics in London and the Malaysian badminton team is playing over dinner.
Their specialties are Crackling Pork Knuckle, BBQ Ribs and Lamb Shanlk. I decided on Pork Knuckle while hubby ordered Chicken Stroganoff.

But first came our drinks. It's Honey Lemon for me and Jasmine Green Tea for hubby.
I also took the Add On Special. For an additional RM10 I had a choice of either Mushroom or Vegetable Soup and Homemade Crepe with Ice Cream for dessert.

I chose the Vegetable Soup.
Then came the Pork Knuckle.
It's quite a huge portion for one person and I couldn't finish it. No wonder the waiter asked whether we wanted extra plates to share out the meal.

I loved the skin that was so crispy it was cracklin' all over with each bite.
Hubby said the flavours for the Chicken Stroganoff was good. His only complaint was that there was not enough gravy.
The simple homemade crepe with ice-cream was just nice to end our meal.
And the bill came to...
Wheee! No service charge and no government tax. Another good reason to come back for more.

I'm already know what to order for my next visit - Lamb Shank!

No comments: