Saturday, August 18, 2012

Chemerry Baking Class 1

A few days ago I happened to find out from Facebook that there are cooking classes being held at a place called Chemerry. I called up for their class schedule and yesterday, in a spur of the moment decision, I signed up for the class today to learn to bake three types of tarts: Blueberry Cheese, Egg and Fruit.

Here are my pastry shells ready to go into the oven.

And this is what they look like "baked but not crispy."

They can be stored like this, unrefrigerated, for a week or two - so ideal for advance preparation before a party.

Here are my Blueberry Cheese Tarts.

And these are my Egg Tarts.

I'll only be collecting my Fruit Tarts when I go for my second lesson tomorrow. I had to rush off for dinner and so I did not wait around to decorate them.

Don't they look pretty?

No comments: