Monday, July 15, 2013

My Not-Too-Successful Nutella Swirl Pound Cake

There was a bottle of Nutella amongst the lucky draw goodies that I received from Brandfest. We don't eat Nutella (at that point in time but it's different now that I've tasted it) and I didn't want to just give it away so I decided to bake something with it.

I surfed the net and found a recipe for Nutella Swirl Pound Cake from Sally's Baking Addiction that looks easy and interesting.

I thought using a recipe from someone who is trying out a recipe would make it doubly correct. Unfortunately Sally's recommendation to shorten the baking time proved to be a disaster.

The original recipe from Food & Wine gave a better estimate of how long to bake the cake.

But Sally's recommendation to reduce the amount of sugar was accurate. In fact the amount of sugar could be further reduced because the Nutella is already sweet.

Next time - if ever there is a next time - I must remember to let the cake cool down completely before cutting it to prevent the Nutella from oozing out.

Anyway the cake tasted even better the day after so I've got to exercise patience.

My Nutella Swirl Pound Cake

No comments: